Mumbai: Woman gang-raped by two youths in moving car
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Even as the entire country is debating on the issue of rising sexual crimes against women, another incident of gang-rape in Mumbai`s Dharavi area has come to light.
According to reports, a woman aged 35 was gang-raped by two youths on July 22 in a moving car in Dharavi area. The accused are said to be known to the victim.
The police have detained two people in connection with the case and are questioning them. Both the accused are said to be 25-30 years of age.
India figures third among top 10 countries where highest number of rape have taken place in 2010 while in cases of murder, the country came second in 2012, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Minister of state for home Kiren Rijiju said according to UN Crime Trends Survey 2010, the US recorded 85,593 cases of rape in that year followed by Brazil with 41,180 rape cases.
A total of 22,172 rape cases were registered in India in 2010, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?