Mumbai: Woman gang-raped by two youths in moving car
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: Even as the entire country is debating on the issue of rising sexual crimes against women, another incident of gang-rape in Mumbai`s Dharavi area has come to light.
According to reports, a woman aged 35 was gang-raped by two youths on July 22 in a moving car in Dharavi area. The accused are said to be known to the victim.
The police have detained two people in connection with the case and are questioning them. Both the accused are said to be 25-30 years of age.
India figures third among top 10 countries where highest number of rape have taken place in 2010 while in cases of murder, the country came second in 2012, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Minister of state for home Kiren Rijiju said according to UN Crime Trends Survey 2010, the US recorded 85,593 cases of rape in that year followed by Brazil with 41,180 rape cases.
A total of 22,172 rape cases were registered in India in 2010, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why