Mumbai woman kills daughter, commits suicide
Mumbai: A 32-year-old widow allegedly smothered her five-year-old daughter to death before hanging herself at her Tilak Nagar residence on Friday, police said.
A purported suicide note was found in which she accused her late husband`s parents of harassment, following which the Tilak Nagar police initiated the process of registering a case against them.
Indira Balasubramaniam Yadav and her daughter Ponushakti stayed in building number 87 of Tilak Nagar Colony along with her in-laws.
"Her in-laws work as newspaper vendors and left the house at around 5 AM. Both Indira and Ponushakti were at home. They returned in the afternoon and found the door bolted from inside. After receiving no response despite knocking repeatedly, they opened the door using the keys kept with the neighbours and found the bodies," said an officer from Tilak Nagar police station.
"We found a suicide note in which she blamed her in-laws of harassment," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs