Mumbai’s `Meter Jam` campaign now on SNSes
Mumbai: Adopting a tit-for-tat approach with
errant auto and taxi drivers, three advertising professionals,
who have initiated the campaign of `meter jam`, intend to
spread the message with the help social networking sites.
Advertising professionals Jaidev Rupani, Rachna Brar and
Abhilash Krishnan launched the `Meter Jam` campaign last week.
The campaign is against auto and taxi drivers who refuse to
ferry short-distance commuters and tamper meters.
"Till now the response has been great. Over 40,000 people
have supported it. This is a good beginning and we are hopeful
that with this initiative drivers will learn a lesson and
commuters will also raise their voice," Jaidev said here.
On the social networking sites (SNSes) like Facebook,
Twitter and others, the trio have suggested people to opt for
car pool. They are also providing information on various bus
routes and alternative means of transport.
Even Action for Good Governance and Networking in India
(AGNI), an NGO that works with government agencies for
transparency and accountability, supported the initiative of
boycotting auto rickshaws and taxis.
"Drivers are working in public domain so they must
provide service to common man. They cannot refrain from their
duties. They must understand that both passengers and drivers
are dependant on each other," AGNI trustee, Sharad Kumar
As per a call given by them, several Mumbaikars today
boycotted autos and taxis to protest fare refusal by drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price