Mumbai`s suburban train services disrupted briefly
Mumbai: Commuters travelling on the western line of Mumbai`s suburban rail service faced a delay during the peak hours Monday as a switch box outside a station was found broken, a railway official said here.
"At around 8.30 am, we found that the switch box in the Nalasopara Station was broken by miscreants. This created technical problems and delayed the trains by up to 15 minutes," said a Western Railway spokesperson.
The problem was taken care of immediately and the switch box was repaired to restore train operations, he added.
However, commuters complained of delays for more than an hour. "Maybe it was the morning rush that added to the delay, but the trains were late nearly by an hour," said Anurag Gupta, who took a train to Churchgate in south Mumbai from suburban Mira Road.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority