Mumbra building crash: Thane engineer`s bail plea rejected
Thane: Special Judge hearing the Mumbra building crash on Thursday again rejected the bail plea of Thane Municipal Corporation Deputy Engineer Ramesh Inamdar.
This was the second time his bail plea was rejected by Judge KR Warrier, who earlier along with Inamdar rejected the bail plea of 20 accused in the incident.
Seven-storied Adharsh building at Mumbra in Thane district on the outskirts of Mumbai had crashed on April 04 in which 74 lives were lost.
Among those arrested include municipal officials, a corporator, builders, policemen among others.
In his order, the judge said that when the police have merely charged the accused under Section 304 without specifying if it was under 304A (death caused by negligence) or 304 (2) (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) it cannot be determined if the applicant was eligible for bail.
Inamdar has taken a stand that as the prosecution had not filed the chargesheet within a stipulated period of 60 days, he was eligible for bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'