Mumbra building crash: Thane engineer`s bail plea rejected
Thane: Special Judge hearing the Mumbra building crash on Thursday again rejected the bail plea of Thane Municipal Corporation Deputy Engineer Ramesh Inamdar.
This was the second time his bail plea was rejected by Judge KR Warrier, who earlier along with Inamdar rejected the bail plea of 20 accused in the incident.
Seven-storied Adharsh building at Mumbra in Thane district on the outskirts of Mumbai had crashed on April 04 in which 74 lives were lost.
Among those arrested include municipal officials, a corporator, builders, policemen among others.
In his order, the judge said that when the police have merely charged the accused under Section 304 without specifying if it was under 304A (death caused by negligence) or 304 (2) (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) it cannot be determined if the applicant was eligible for bail.
Inamdar has taken a stand that as the prosecution had not filed the chargesheet within a stipulated period of 60 days, he was eligible for bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH