Munde failed to secure good offer from Cong: MNS
Aurangabad: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray has said that BJP leader Gopinath Munde had refrained from joining the Congress as he failed to get a "good offer" from that party.
In the backdrop of Munde declaring a truce with the
BJP leadership, Raj said, "He (Munde) has now declared that he
would not be leaving the party and joining the Congress
because he did not get a good offer from the Congress. But it
is evident that he would not remain in BJP for longer time."
Targeting BJP and Shiv Sena without naming them,
Thackeray said that due to the inefficient Opposition in
place, both in the state and at the Centre, the common people
were extending support to activists like Anna Hazare and Baba
"Anna should carry on his agitation in the state instead
of Delhi," he added.
Talking to reporters last night, Thackeray said that his
party had already started preparing for the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation elections due next year, adding that MNS
would contest the elections without aligning with any party.
The MNS chief also said the issue of development of
cities and providing infrastructure was close to his heart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics