Munde failed to secure good offer from Cong: MNS
Aurangabad: Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray has said that BJP leader Gopinath Munde had refrained from joining the Congress as he failed to get a "good offer" from that party.
In the backdrop of Munde declaring a truce with the
BJP leadership, Raj said, "He (Munde) has now declared that he
would not be leaving the party and joining the Congress
because he did not get a good offer from the Congress. But it
is evident that he would not remain in BJP for longer time."
Targeting BJP and Shiv Sena without naming them,
Thackeray said that due to the inefficient Opposition in
place, both in the state and at the Centre, the common people
were extending support to activists like Anna Hazare and Baba
"Anna should carry on his agitation in the state instead
of Delhi," he added.
Talking to reporters last night, Thackeray said that his
party had already started preparing for the Brihanmumbai
Municipal Corporation elections due next year, adding that MNS
would contest the elections without aligning with any party.
The MNS chief also said the issue of development of
cities and providing infrastructure was close to his heart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death