Munde kin joins NCP
Mumbai: The son-in-law of senior BJP leader
Gopinath Munde`s brother, Dr Madhusudan Kendre, on Monday joined
Nationalist Congress Party.
Dr Kendre, married to daughter of Munde`s
brother Panditrao, was toying with the idea of quitting BJP
and joining NCP since the last few months, NCP sources said.
He joined the NCP at a function in Parbhani district
today in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
He left BJP stating that he was given a raw deal and
cornered by elements in the BJP opposed to Munde.
Kendre, a BAMS degree holder, was fielded by the BJP
to contest from Gangakhed constituency in Parbhani district in
Marathwada in the 2009 state Assembly polls but was defeated
by independent Sitaram Ghandat in a contest which also had the
then minister of state Suresh Varpudkar (NCP) in the ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing