Munde kin joins NCP
Mumbai: The son-in-law of senior BJP leader
Gopinath Munde`s brother, Dr Madhusudan Kendre, on Monday joined
Nationalist Congress Party.
Dr Kendre, married to daughter of Munde`s
brother Panditrao, was toying with the idea of quitting BJP
and joining NCP since the last few months, NCP sources said.
He joined the NCP at a function in Parbhani district
today in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
He left BJP stating that he was given a raw deal and
cornered by elements in the BJP opposed to Munde.
Kendre, a BAMS degree holder, was fielded by the BJP
to contest from Gangakhed constituency in Parbhani district in
Marathwada in the 2009 state Assembly polls but was defeated
by independent Sitaram Ghandat in a contest which also had the
then minister of state Suresh Varpudkar (NCP) in the ring.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed