Munde kin joins NCP
Mumbai: The son-in-law of senior BJP leader
Gopinath Munde`s brother, Dr Madhusudan Kendre, on Monday joined
Nationalist Congress Party.
Dr Kendre, married to daughter of Munde`s
brother Panditrao, was toying with the idea of quitting BJP
and joining NCP since the last few months, NCP sources said.
He joined the NCP at a function in Parbhani district
today in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
He left BJP stating that he was given a raw deal and
cornered by elements in the BJP opposed to Munde.
Kendre, a BAMS degree holder, was fielded by the BJP
to contest from Gangakhed constituency in Parbhani district in
Marathwada in the 2009 state Assembly polls but was defeated
by independent Sitaram Ghandat in a contest which also had the
then minister of state Suresh Varpudkar (NCP) in the ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal