Munde kin joins NCP
Mumbai: The son-in-law of senior BJP leader
Gopinath Munde`s brother, Dr Madhusudan Kendre, on Monday joined
Nationalist Congress Party.
Dr Kendre, married to daughter of Munde`s
brother Panditrao, was toying with the idea of quitting BJP
and joining NCP since the last few months, NCP sources said.
He joined the NCP at a function in Parbhani district
today in the presence of Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar.
He left BJP stating that he was given a raw deal and
cornered by elements in the BJP opposed to Munde.
Kendre, a BAMS degree holder, was fielded by the BJP
to contest from Gangakhed constituency in Parbhani district in
Marathwada in the 2009 state Assembly polls but was defeated
by independent Sitaram Ghandat in a contest which also had the
then minister of state Suresh Varpudkar (NCP) in the ring.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand