Munde moving closer to Congress?
New Delhi: Sulking BJP leader Gopinath Munde appears moving closer to the Congress. An indication to this effect was available on Wednesday as Munde has not met any BJP central leaders especially L KAdvani after his arrival here on Tuesday night from Mumbai.
"Munde appears to have made up his mind to go to Congress," conceded a senior BJP leader who declined to be named. There was speculation that Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan along with Munde met Ahmed Patel, political secretary to the Congress president, but there was no confirmation.
The Maharashtra Chief Minister, who is here apparently to give an assessment to the party high command on the Munde issue, met Patel late Tuesday night.
A feeling in the BJP camp is that Munde appears to have come to the conclusion that his grievances are unlikely to be resolved by meeting Nitin Gadkari. Gadkari was junior to Munde in state politics and after he took over as the national president, Munde`s clout has gone down in the organization.
Meanwhile, Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who is known to be close to Munde, has also arrived in Delhi to be at hand for possible consultations.
Former Chief Minister Ashok Chavan, who like Munde hails from Marathwada region, met with Congress President Sonia Gandhi o Tuesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India