Munde optimistic about reconciliation between Raj and Uddhav
Pune: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said he was optimistic about reconciliation between the estranged Thackeray cousins, following the recent overture by Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
"My party and I personally want both MNS president Raj and Uddhav to come together. Uddhav has already indicated through his interview (in daily Saamna) that he is willing to join hands with MNS," Munde said, talking to reporters here.
Replying to questions, the BJP leader said although Raj was still "quiet" on Shiv Sena`s reconciliation offer, there was a possibility of a positive response from him.
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena in 2006 to float his own party.
Munde was in the city to visit ailing city BJP president Vikas Matkari who is recuperating after suffering a paralytic stroke recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi