Munde optimistic about reconciliation between Raj and Uddhav
Pune: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said he was optimistic about reconciliation between the estranged Thackeray cousins, following the recent overture by Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
"My party and I personally want both MNS president Raj and Uddhav to come together. Uddhav has already indicated through his interview (in daily Saamna) that he is willing to join hands with MNS," Munde said, talking to reporters here.
Replying to questions, the BJP leader said although Raj was still "quiet" on Shiv Sena`s reconciliation offer, there was a possibility of a positive response from him.
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena in 2006 to float his own party.
Munde was in the city to visit ailing city BJP president Vikas Matkari who is recuperating after suffering a paralytic stroke recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- 'Sultan' Salman Khan lends his majestic voice for the title track, impresses again! – Check out
- Caitlyn Jenner, Lady Gaga to pay tribute to Orlando Victims
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax