Munde optimistic about reconciliation between Raj and Uddhav
Pune: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde today said he was optimistic about reconciliation between the estranged Thackeray cousins, following the recent overture by Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray.
"My party and I personally want both MNS president Raj and Uddhav to come together. Uddhav has already indicated through his interview (in daily Saamna) that he is willing to join hands with MNS," Munde said, talking to reporters here.
Replying to questions, the BJP leader said although Raj was still "quiet" on Shiv Sena`s reconciliation offer, there was a possibility of a positive response from him.
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena in 2006 to float his own party.
Munde was in the city to visit ailing city BJP president Vikas Matkari who is recuperating after suffering a paralytic stroke recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre