Munde supporter quits party posts
Mumbai: Dismayed over being sidelined in
the state BJP, MLA Prakash Shendge, a staunch supporter of
senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde, has resigned from the party
"I resigned from the post of state secretary and
parliamentary board member on December 23. I could not make
use of my post. I met BJP president Nitin Gadkari and put
forth my grievance. I also met party`s state unit president
Sudhir Mungantiwar on December 16 on the issue," he said.
"I waited for a reply from the party for the last 20
days. Even in yesterday`s state executive meeting, no decision
was taken," he said.
Shendge, who hails from Jat in Sangli district,
however, said he had not spoken to anyone on the next course
Referring to his talks with Congress leaders, he said,
"I have to hold talks with Congress ministers like Satej
Patil, Patangrao Kadam as my constituency is in drought-hit
region. Due to issue of severe drought, I spoke with the Chief
Minister," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder