Munde`s ashes to be immersed at holy places in Maharashtra on June 16
Mumbai: The ashes of BJP leader Gopinath Munde will be immersed at various holy places in Maharashtra on June 16, the BJP announced here on Saturday.
Urns containing the ashes would leave for district places on June 14 and June 15, where they would be kept for "darshan", state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said.
On June 16, the ashes would be immersed in various rivers and holy places, including Harihareshwar, Narsobachi Wadi, at the confluence between Krishna and Koyna rivers, Pandharpur, Manjara river near Latur and at Godavari sangam at Nanded.
Munde (64), Rural Development Minister and senior BJP leader from the state, died in a road accident in Delhi on June 03 when his car was hit by another vehicle.
Munde was on his way to airport when the mishap occurred.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama