Munde`s brother booked after man dies during Pola festivities
Beed: A case has been filed against Pandit Anna Munde, the elder brother of BJP leader Gopinath Munde, following the death of a 70-year-old man during Pola festivities in Nathra village of Parli tehsil here, police said on Sunday.
On Friday, during Pola, a bull-worshipping festival celebrated by farmers, one Nivrutti Munde died during a crowded procession at the event.
Pandit Anna, the father of BJP MLC Dhananjay Munde, had reportedly fired in air during the procession.
While it was suspected that the victim was gored by a bull, the postmortem report which came yesterday mentioned that he died of a "penetrating wound in the neck", Parli police said.
Last evening, Parli police booked Munde under Section 304 of the IPC and Arms Act after a complaint was lodged against him by the deceased`s son, Beed Superintendent of Police Dattatray Mandlik said, adding that Munde has not been arrested yet.
The SP, however, did not clarify whether Pandit Anna had been booked for culpable homicide or causing death by negligence.
Both Pandit Anna and his son Dhananjay had recently fallen out with Gopinath Munde. They are reportedly close to the NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi