Munde`s brother booked after man dies during Pola festivities
Beed: A case has been filed against Pandit Anna Munde, the elder brother of BJP leader Gopinath Munde, following the death of a 70-year-old man during Pola festivities in Nathra village of Parli tehsil here, police said on Sunday.
On Friday, during Pola, a bull-worshipping festival celebrated by farmers, one Nivrutti Munde died during a crowded procession at the event.
Pandit Anna, the father of BJP MLC Dhananjay Munde, had reportedly fired in air during the procession.
While it was suspected that the victim was gored by a bull, the postmortem report which came yesterday mentioned that he died of a "penetrating wound in the neck", Parli police said.
Last evening, Parli police booked Munde under Section 304 of the IPC and Arms Act after a complaint was lodged against him by the deceased`s son, Beed Superintendent of Police Dattatray Mandlik said, adding that Munde has not been arrested yet.
The SP, however, did not clarify whether Pandit Anna had been booked for culpable homicide or causing death by negligence.
Both Pandit Anna and his son Dhananjay had recently fallen out with Gopinath Munde. They are reportedly close to the NCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note