Munde`s daughter inducted into Maharashtra BJP core committee
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday inducted Pankaja Munde, daughter of late Gopinath Munde, into the core committee of the state party unit.
Making the announcement after a committee meeting here, state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said Pankaja, MLA from Parli Assembly constituency, would be given an "important responsibility."
"It was decided in the core committee meeting to take Pankajatai Munde in the panel in place of Gopinath Munde," Fadnavis said.
State BJP sources said the party would suggest the Central leadership to give Pankaja a major responsibility.
Munde, Union Rural Development Minister, had died in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
Sixtyfour-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader, was on his way to Delhi airport when his car was hit by another vehicle.
Meanwhile, reacting to remarks by some leaders of ally Shiv Sena about Uddhav Thackeray being projected as the chief ministerial candidate, Fadnavis said no such proposal has come to BJP yet.
"We take into account what Uddhav Thackeray says. We will respond only to what he says," Fadanvis said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview