Munde`s daughter inducted into Maharashtra BJP core committee
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday inducted Pankaja Munde, daughter of late Gopinath Munde, into the core committee of the state party unit.
Making the announcement after a committee meeting here, state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said Pankaja, MLA from Parli Assembly constituency, would be given an "important responsibility."
"It was decided in the core committee meeting to take Pankajatai Munde in the panel in place of Gopinath Munde," Fadnavis said.
State BJP sources said the party would suggest the Central leadership to give Pankaja a major responsibility.
Munde, Union Rural Development Minister, had died in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
Sixtyfour-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader, was on his way to Delhi airport when his car was hit by another vehicle.
Meanwhile, reacting to remarks by some leaders of ally Shiv Sena about Uddhav Thackeray being projected as the chief ministerial candidate, Fadnavis said no such proposal has come to BJP yet.
"We take into account what Uddhav Thackeray says. We will respond only to what he says," Fadanvis said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice