Munde`s daughter inducted into Maharashtra BJP core committee
Mumbai: Maharashtra BJP on Thursday inducted Pankaja Munde, daughter of late Gopinath Munde, into the core committee of the state party unit.
Making the announcement after a committee meeting here, state BJP president Devendra Fadnavis said Pankaja, MLA from Parli Assembly constituency, would be given an "important responsibility."
"It was decided in the core committee meeting to take Pankajatai Munde in the panel in place of Gopinath Munde," Fadnavis said.
State BJP sources said the party would suggest the Central leadership to give Pankaja a major responsibility.
Munde, Union Rural Development Minister, had died in a road accident in Delhi on June 3.
Sixtyfour-year-old Munde, a popular backward class leader, was on his way to Delhi airport when his car was hit by another vehicle.
Meanwhile, reacting to remarks by some leaders of ally Shiv Sena about Uddhav Thackeray being projected as the chief ministerial candidate, Fadnavis said no such proposal has come to BJP yet.
"We take into account what Uddhav Thackeray says. We will respond only to what he says," Fadanvis said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people