Munde`s daughter to organise `Sangharsh Yatra` ahead of polls
Mumbai: Ahead of the Maharashtra Assembly polls, BJP MLA and daughter of late Gopinath Munde, Pankaja will launch a `Sangharsh Yatra` across the state from August 27.
BJP State President Devendra Fadanvis, and leader of opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde told reporters here that the 14-day 3000 km yatra will cover 71 Assembly constituencies in 21 districts of Maharashtra.
The yatra would begin at Sindkhed in Buldhana district. Sindkhed is the birth place of Rajmata Jijau, mother of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
There were reports recently that Pankaja is not keen on contesting the Lok Sabha seat bypoll, necessitated by death of her father.
NCP chief Sharad Pawar had said his party will not field a candidate if someone from Munde`s family gets into the fray.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory