‘Munde`s exit won`t impact Sena-BJP alliance’
Mumbai: Senior BJP leader Gopinath Munde`s
exit from the party won`t have any impact on the Shiv Sena-BJP
alliance in Maharashtra, Sena chief Bal Thackeray said here
"Munde`s leaving the BJP is not going to have any effect
on the alliance," Thackeray told reporters at his residence
Matoshree in suburban Bandra.
"How come Munde realised so late that he was being
humiliated within BJP," Thackeray asked. "Anyway, this is a
matter of that party and I don`t have a right to interfere in
their affairs," he said.
Asked if he would speak to BJP leaders L K Advani and
Nitin Gadkari on the Munde issue, Thackeray said, "Whose need?
At least I don`t have any need to speak on the issue."
The power of the saffron alliance won`t wane due to
Munde`s exit, Thackeray said.
"When Munde had differences with party leadership in the
past, I had stopped him (from leaving BJP) but not now. Now I
won`t stop him.
"I can show one the way if one so desires. If Munde wants
to consult me, the doors of Matoshree are always open for
him," he said.
Chhagan Bhujbal (now senior NCP leader), left Sena for
personal reasons, Thackeray said. "Bhujbal left because he was
not made Opposition leader. However, Narayan Rane (now senior
state Congress leader) did not leave. He was removed," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred