Municipal polls: Parties asked to file a/c summary
Thane: Thane Municipal Corporation has issued notices to the political parties contesting February 16 municipal polls asking them to immediately submit details on poll expenditure.
In his notice, municipal commissioner RA Rajeev has pointed out that as per the directives of the Election Commission, the parties are expected to file details regarding their expense accounts from the date the Model Code of Conduct came into effect, an official release said.
This should include all the expenses including the cost of banners, posters, processions, meetings, rallies etc incurred on the electioneering, it said.
The candidates are also asked to open a separate bank account for the purpose and submit the details to the concerned authority, the notice added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'