Municipal polls: Parties asked to file a/c summary
Thane: Thane Municipal Corporation has issued notices to the political parties contesting February 16 municipal polls asking them to immediately submit details on poll expenditure.
In his notice, municipal commissioner RA Rajeev has pointed out that as per the directives of the Election Commission, the parties are expected to file details regarding their expense accounts from the date the Model Code of Conduct came into effect, an official release said.
This should include all the expenses including the cost of banners, posters, processions, meetings, rallies etc incurred on the electioneering, it said.
The candidates are also asked to open a separate bank account for the purpose and submit the details to the concerned authority, the notice added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok