Municipal polls: Parties asked to file a/c summary
Thane: Thane Municipal Corporation has issued notices to the political parties contesting February 16 municipal polls asking them to immediately submit details on poll expenditure.
In his notice, municipal commissioner RA Rajeev has pointed out that as per the directives of the Election Commission, the parties are expected to file details regarding their expense accounts from the date the Model Code of Conduct came into effect, an official release said.
This should include all the expenses including the cost of banners, posters, processions, meetings, rallies etc incurred on the electioneering, it said.
The candidates are also asked to open a separate bank account for the purpose and submit the details to the concerned authority, the notice added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler