Murder accused dies in police custody in Maharashtra
Thane: An accused in a murder case, who was arrested on Saturday, has died in police custody here.
Prakash S Bhoir (44) was arrested by Safala police of Thane district in connection with the murder of his second wife and was kept in a lock-up for interrogation, district police said today.
At around 8 pm yesterday, Bhoir complained of uneasiness and was rushed to a local hospital where he died, they said.
Police have registered a case of accidental death and are further probing.
Bhoir, a habitual drinker, was accused of killing his second wife by slitting her throat with a kitchen knife over a domestic issue in Palghar taluka of Thane on April 16, they said.
He was arrested after his 15-year-old son registered a complaint with Safala police.
The accused was booked under sections 302 (murder) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the son, his father had killed his step-mother, as she had lodged a complaint against Bhoir`s first wife with police, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security