Murder accused dies in police custody in Maharashtra
Thane: An accused in a murder case, who was arrested on Saturday, has died in police custody here.
Prakash S Bhoir (44) was arrested by Safala police of Thane district in connection with the murder of his second wife and was kept in a lock-up for interrogation, district police said today.
At around 8 pm yesterday, Bhoir complained of uneasiness and was rushed to a local hospital where he died, they said.
Police have registered a case of accidental death and are further probing.
Bhoir, a habitual drinker, was accused of killing his second wife by slitting her throat with a kitchen knife over a domestic issue in Palghar taluka of Thane on April 16, they said.
He was arrested after his 15-year-old son registered a complaint with Safala police.
The accused was booked under sections 302 (murder) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian Penal Code.
According to the son, his father had killed his step-mother, as she had lodged a complaint against Bhoir`s first wife with police, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress