Mushrooming of parties overnight has brought confusion: Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: In a veiled attack on the Aam Aadmi Party, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray on Thursday said a lot of political parties have come up overnight which has led to a state of confusion.
"...Lot of political parties have mushroomed overnight which is creating a state of confusion (among voters)," Uddhav said addressing the Yuva Sena`s party conclave `Lakshya` 2014, ahead of the Lok Sabha elections.
Stating that the "real revolution in democracy is achieved through ballots and not with bullets," he referred to the history on the ouster of British empire and India`s independence subsequently.
"Lokmanya Tilak and other freedom fighters like Veer Savarkar, Chaphekar brothers and Khudiram Bose inculcated the ideals among people to achieve independence," he said urging the party workers to bring the Shiv Sena to power in the state.
Uddhav said if the Sena-BJP-RPI government comes to power, he will bring in the `Youth Policy` in the state which will lay emphasis on education, employment and other sectors related to the youth.
Later, responding to queries from reporters on a woman corporator in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation alleging sexual harassment, he said, "I have spoken to her yesterday. It is an internal issue of the party."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"