Music lovers queue up outside Pt Joshi`s residence to pay tributes
Pune: Music lovers and people from all walks
of life made a beeline at Pandit Bhimsen Joshi`s residence
`Kalashree` in Navi Peth area of the city as the news of his
demise spread Monday morning.
Mourners queued up in a disciplined manner to pay their
last respects to the maestro, who ruled their hearts for
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan was expected
to arrive here this afternoon to lead a state funeral at
Noted Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan paid tributes to the
maestro saying he belonged to `Kirana Gharana` but
subsequently a `Gharana` himself.
Noted classical singer Prabha Atre said with Bhimsen`s
demise Kirana Gharana has been orphaned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use
- Congress plans nationwide media blitz against 2 years of NDA's 'misrule'; to release film, booklet
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today