Music lovers queue up outside Pt Joshi`s residence to pay tributes
Pune: Music lovers and people from all walks
of life made a beeline at Pandit Bhimsen Joshi`s residence
`Kalashree` in Navi Peth area of the city as the news of his
demise spread Monday morning.
Mourners queued up in a disciplined manner to pay their
last respects to the maestro, who ruled their hearts for
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan was expected
to arrive here this afternoon to lead a state funeral at
Noted Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan paid tributes to the
maestro saying he belonged to `Kirana Gharana` but
subsequently a `Gharana` himself.
Noted classical singer Prabha Atre said with Bhimsen`s
demise Kirana Gharana has been orphaned.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!