Music lovers queue up outside Pt Joshi`s residence to pay tributes
Pune: Music lovers and people from all walks
of life made a beeline at Pandit Bhimsen Joshi`s residence
`Kalashree` in Navi Peth area of the city as the news of his
demise spread Monday morning.
Mourners queued up in a disciplined manner to pay their
last respects to the maestro, who ruled their hearts for
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan was expected
to arrive here this afternoon to lead a state funeral at
Noted Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan paid tributes to the
maestro saying he belonged to `Kirana Gharana` but
subsequently a `Gharana` himself.
Noted classical singer Prabha Atre said with Bhimsen`s
demise Kirana Gharana has been orphaned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step