Music lovers queue up outside Pt Joshi`s residence to pay tributes
Pune: Music lovers and people from all walks
of life made a beeline at Pandit Bhimsen Joshi`s residence
`Kalashree` in Navi Peth area of the city as the news of his
demise spread Monday morning.
Mourners queued up in a disciplined manner to pay their
last respects to the maestro, who ruled their hearts for
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan was expected
to arrive here this afternoon to lead a state funeral at
Noted Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan paid tributes to the
maestro saying he belonged to `Kirana Gharana` but
subsequently a `Gharana` himself.
Noted classical singer Prabha Atre said with Bhimsen`s
demise Kirana Gharana has been orphaned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!