Music lovers queue up outside Pt Joshi`s residence to pay tributes
Pune: Music lovers and people from all walks
of life made a beeline at Pandit Bhimsen Joshi`s residence
`Kalashree` in Navi Peth area of the city as the news of his
demise spread Monday morning.
Mourners queued up in a disciplined manner to pay their
last respects to the maestro, who ruled their hearts for
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan was expected
to arrive here this afternoon to lead a state funeral at
Noted Sarod player Amjad Ali Khan paid tributes to the
maestro saying he belonged to `Kirana Gharana` but
subsequently a `Gharana` himself.
Noted classical singer Prabha Atre said with Bhimsen`s
demise Kirana Gharana has been orphaned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi