Muslim group opposes Anna Hazare`s fast
Mumbai: A top body of Muslims on Monday
strongly opposed Gandhian Anna Hazare`s fast for a strong
Lokpal Bill beginning here tomorrow, saying it will help
Jamiat-e-Ulema Hind was against corruption but people
involved along with Hazare are working at the behest of RSS
and communal forces, the group`s state unit General Secretary,
Maulana Hhalimullah Quasmi, said in a statement here.
"We have experienced in the past that whenever such an
agitation is carried out against secular government, communal
forces get into power," he said.
The Congress-led UPA government is seriously making
efforts to address problems of minorities, especially Muslims.
Hence, such agitations will weaken the Government and help
communal forces, Quasmi said.
Hazare`s agitation was a conspiracy to strengthen
communal forces, he alleged.
Meanwhile, another organisation, All India Ulema
Council, said it will make its stand clear on Hazare`s
Representatives of both organisations were present at
Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal`s meeting with Muslim
organisations earlier in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read