Muslims are treated only as vote bank: Dr Mushirul Hasan
Aurangabad: Muslim community is looked upon as a vote bank by every political party, and therefore it lags behind in every arena, former Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University Dr Mushiril Hasan said here on Friday.
He was speaking at the two-day national seminar on `What ails Indian Muslims`, organised jointly by Center for Promotion of Democracy and Secularism, Maulana Azad Chair and Department of Political Science of Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University here.
Dr Hasan said that promises made by the political parties are never fulfilled.
Muslims are looked upon as a single entity, but they too have the differences of caste, creed and community, he said, adding that the Sachchar Committee had noted that plight of Muslims was worse than that of scheduled castes or schedule tribes, but no action plan for their betterment was designed due to lack of political will.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened