Muslims are treated only as vote bank: Dr Mushirul Hasan
Aurangabad: Muslim community is looked upon as a vote bank by every political party, and therefore it lags behind in every arena, former Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University Dr Mushiril Hasan said here on Friday.
He was speaking at the two-day national seminar on `What ails Indian Muslims`, organised jointly by Center for Promotion of Democracy and Secularism, Maulana Azad Chair and Department of Political Science of Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University here.
Dr Hasan said that promises made by the political parties are never fulfilled.
Muslims are looked upon as a single entity, but they too have the differences of caste, creed and community, he said, adding that the Sachchar Committee had noted that plight of Muslims was worse than that of scheduled castes or schedule tribes, but no action plan for their betterment was designed due to lack of political will.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees