Muslims are treated only as vote bank: Dr Mushirul Hasan
Aurangabad: Muslim community is looked upon as a vote bank by every political party, and therefore it lags behind in every arena, former Vice Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia University Dr Mushiril Hasan said here on Friday.
He was speaking at the two-day national seminar on `What ails Indian Muslims`, organised jointly by Center for Promotion of Democracy and Secularism, Maulana Azad Chair and Department of Political Science of Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University here.
Dr Hasan said that promises made by the political parties are never fulfilled.
Muslims are looked upon as a single entity, but they too have the differences of caste, creed and community, he said, adding that the Sachchar Committee had noted that plight of Muslims was worse than that of scheduled castes or schedule tribes, but no action plan for their betterment was designed due to lack of political will.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Salman Khan rules 2015 Bollywood Box Office – here’s why