Muslims to pray for Narendra Modi at Mumbai mausoleum
Mumbai: Hundreds of Muslims will on Tuesday pray for the long life of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his 63rd birthday at the historic Makhdoom Shah Baba mausoleum, also known as Mahim Dargah, party officials said.
"We shall offer prayers and flowers at the famous Mahim Dargah (mausoleum) for the long and healthy life for Modi and also that he should become the next prime minister of India," Bharatiya Janata Party Maharashtra Minority Morcha (BJPMMM) president Hyder Azam said.
The BJPMMM will feed poor people in the vicinity of the mausoleum. The event will be led by city BJP chief Ashish Shelar.
In Borivli area, thousands of people and party activists will celebrate the occasion, said legislator Gopal Shetty.
In Goregaon, 63 large balloons with a huge cut-out of Modi will be released in the air, party official Dilip Patel said.
The BJP has also planned a gigantic cake, which will be cut and distributed to residents in the afternoon, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders