Muslims to pray for Narendra Modi at Mumbai mausoleum
Mumbai: Hundreds of Muslims will on Tuesday pray for the long life of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his 63rd birthday at the historic Makhdoom Shah Baba mausoleum, also known as Mahim Dargah, party officials said.
"We shall offer prayers and flowers at the famous Mahim Dargah (mausoleum) for the long and healthy life for Modi and also that he should become the next prime minister of India," Bharatiya Janata Party Maharashtra Minority Morcha (BJPMMM) president Hyder Azam said.
The BJPMMM will feed poor people in the vicinity of the mausoleum. The event will be led by city BJP chief Ashish Shelar.
In Borivli area, thousands of people and party activists will celebrate the occasion, said legislator Gopal Shetty.
In Goregaon, 63 large balloons with a huge cut-out of Modi will be released in the air, party official Dilip Patel said.
The BJP has also planned a gigantic cake, which will be cut and distributed to residents in the afternoon, Patel said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?