Muslims to pray for Narendra Modi at Mumbai mausoleum
Mumbai: Hundreds of Muslims will on Tuesday pray for the long life of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on his 63rd birthday at the historic Makhdoom Shah Baba mausoleum, also known as Mahim Dargah, party officials said.
"We shall offer prayers and flowers at the famous Mahim Dargah (mausoleum) for the long and healthy life for Modi and also that he should become the next prime minister of India," Bharatiya Janata Party Maharashtra Minority Morcha (BJPMMM) president Hyder Azam said.
The BJPMMM will feed poor people in the vicinity of the mausoleum. The event will be led by city BJP chief Ashish Shelar.
In Borivli area, thousands of people and party activists will celebrate the occasion, said legislator Gopal Shetty.
In Goregaon, 63 large balloons with a huge cut-out of Modi will be released in the air, party official Dilip Patel said.
The BJP has also planned a gigantic cake, which will be cut and distributed to residents in the afternoon, Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video