Muttemwar, Wasnik, Navneet among 77 who file nominations today
Nagpur: Former minister of state and seven-term MP Vilas Muttemwar, former minister Mukul Wasnik, Maharashtra Minister Sanjay Deotale, actor-turned-politician Navneet Rana were among the 77 candidates who filed their nominations for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in Vidarbha region on the penultimate day.
Veteran pro-Vidarbha leader Jambuwantrao Dhote also filed the nomination today, besides Congress nominee Sanjay Deotale (Chandrapur), Navneet Kaur Rana (NCP, from Amravati).
High profile Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel (NCP) and former BJP national president Nitin Gadkari will be filing papers tomorrow from Bhandara and Nagpur respectively. AAP candidate Anjali Damania from Nagpur will also file her nomination papers tomorrow.
Other prominent leaders, who filed the nominations include BJP MLA Nana Patole (Bhandara-Gondia), Prataprao Jadhav of Shiv Sena (Buldhana), Rajendra Gavai of RPI (Amravati), Sagar Meghe of Congress (Wardha), Ramdas Tadas of BJP (Wardha), Prashant Mishra and Pratap Goswamy, both of AAP from Bhandara and Ramtek respectively.
Eight nomination papers were filed for the Ramtek seat, followed by seven in Nagpur.
The nominations filed in eastern Vidarbha and other constituencies are- Bhandara- five, Gadchiroli-three, Chandrapur-six, Wardha-six, Yavatmal- nine and Buldhana-seven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere