Muttemwar, Wasnik, Navneet among 77 who file nominations today
Nagpur: Former minister of state and seven-term MP Vilas Muttemwar, former minister Mukul Wasnik, Maharashtra Minister Sanjay Deotale, actor-turned-politician Navneet Rana were among the 77 candidates who filed their nominations for the April 10 Lok Sabha polls in Vidarbha region on the penultimate day.
Veteran pro-Vidarbha leader Jambuwantrao Dhote also filed the nomination today, besides Congress nominee Sanjay Deotale (Chandrapur), Navneet Kaur Rana (NCP, from Amravati).
High profile Union Heavy Industries Minister Praful Patel (NCP) and former BJP national president Nitin Gadkari will be filing papers tomorrow from Bhandara and Nagpur respectively. AAP candidate Anjali Damania from Nagpur will also file her nomination papers tomorrow.
Other prominent leaders, who filed the nominations include BJP MLA Nana Patole (Bhandara-Gondia), Prataprao Jadhav of Shiv Sena (Buldhana), Rajendra Gavai of RPI (Amravati), Sagar Meghe of Congress (Wardha), Ramdas Tadas of BJP (Wardha), Prashant Mishra and Pratap Goswamy, both of AAP from Bhandara and Ramtek respectively.
Eight nomination papers were filed for the Ramtek seat, followed by seven in Nagpur.
The nominations filed in eastern Vidarbha and other constituencies are- Bhandara- five, Gadchiroli-three, Chandrapur-six, Wardha-six, Yavatmal- nine and Buldhana-seven.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why