MVNS activists attack Mumbai University official
Mumbai: Apparently upset over the leak of
a question paper, the members of the student wing of the
Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS), attacked and blackened the
face of a Mumbai University official at Kalina campus here,
police said on Wednesday.
The members of the Maharashtra Navnirman Vidyarthi
Sena (MNVS) allegedly barged into the cabin of Vilas Shinde,
Controller of Examinations, at Kalina campus last evening,
blackened his face and assaulted him for holding him
responsible for the leak of the third year Bachelor of
Management Studies (BMS) paper last week.
On Sunday, the university had announced that it would
conduct a re-examination for the leaked paper.
MNVS demanded resignation of Shinde holding him
responsible for the paper leak. An FIR was registered in BKC
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report