Mysterious death of constable at US Consulate in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 30-year-old police constable,
posted at the American Consulate here was killed Monday after a bullet from his service weapon pierced through his skull, police said.
The incident took place this morning in Breach Candy area
in South Mumbai, where the Consulate is located.
It is not however clear if it is a suicide, police said.
"The deceased constable was posted in the rear of the
Consulate building. We are yet to ascertain whether its a
suicide or a case of accidental firing," Joint Police
Commissioner Rajneesh Seth said.
According to police, a loud bullet sound was heard by the
policemen in the Consulate premises following which they
rushed to the cop identified as Deepak Vitkare where he was
found with serious injuries in his skull.
He was immediately taken to the nearby Breach Candy
hospital where he was declared dead. Further investigations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'