Mysterious death of constable at US Consulate in Mumbai
Mumbai: A 30-year-old police constable,
posted at the American Consulate here was killed Monday after a bullet from his service weapon pierced through his skull, police said.
The incident took place this morning in Breach Candy area
in South Mumbai, where the Consulate is located.
It is not however clear if it is a suicide, police said.
"The deceased constable was posted in the rear of the
Consulate building. We are yet to ascertain whether its a
suicide or a case of accidental firing," Joint Police
Commissioner Rajneesh Seth said.
According to police, a loud bullet sound was heard by the
policemen in the Consulate premises following which they
rushed to the cop identified as Deepak Vitkare where he was
found with serious injuries in his skull.
He was immediately taken to the nearby Breach Candy
hospital where he was declared dead. Further investigations
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month
- Outstanding! Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' is unstoppable at the Box Office – Read more