Nagpur: 10 nominations filed for 2 seats of Legislative Counil
Nagpur: Three nominations were filed from Wardha-Chandrapur-Gadchiroli local bodies constituency and seven from Amravati constituecy for the state Legislative Council polls.
Congress has fielded Rahul Pugalia, son of Chandrapur heavyweight and former Congress MP Naresh Pugalia, while BJP has brought in a newcomer - Mitesh Gotulal Bhangadia, who is associated with irrigation construction business. Sangita Amrutkar was the third nominee, who filed papers before District Collector and Returning Officer Vijay Waghmare yesterday, on the last day of filing nominations.
In Amravati, Congress has given ticket to Aniruddha Deshmukh while BJP`s nominee is Pravin Pote. The sitting BJP MLC Jagdish Gupta along with Ganesh Roy, Ajay Navander, Chandrakumar Jajodia, Adesh Bobade have filed papers as Independents.
The papers will be scrutinised later today and last day of withdrawal of nomination is May 10, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test