Nagpur: 10 nominations filed for 2 seats of Legislative Counil
Nagpur: Three nominations were filed from Wardha-Chandrapur-Gadchiroli local bodies constituency and seven from Amravati constituecy for the state Legislative Council polls.
Congress has fielded Rahul Pugalia, son of Chandrapur heavyweight and former Congress MP Naresh Pugalia, while BJP has brought in a newcomer - Mitesh Gotulal Bhangadia, who is associated with irrigation construction business. Sangita Amrutkar was the third nominee, who filed papers before District Collector and Returning Officer Vijay Waghmare yesterday, on the last day of filing nominations.
In Amravati, Congress has given ticket to Aniruddha Deshmukh while BJP`s nominee is Pravin Pote. The sitting BJP MLC Jagdish Gupta along with Ganesh Roy, Ajay Navander, Chandrakumar Jajodia, Adesh Bobade have filed papers as Independents.
The papers will be scrutinised later today and last day of withdrawal of nomination is May 10, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video