Nagpur: 10 nominations filed for 2 seats of Legislative Counil
Nagpur: Three nominations were filed from Wardha-Chandrapur-Gadchiroli local bodies constituency and seven from Amravati constituecy for the state Legislative Council polls.
Congress has fielded Rahul Pugalia, son of Chandrapur heavyweight and former Congress MP Naresh Pugalia, while BJP has brought in a newcomer - Mitesh Gotulal Bhangadia, who is associated with irrigation construction business. Sangita Amrutkar was the third nominee, who filed papers before District Collector and Returning Officer Vijay Waghmare yesterday, on the last day of filing nominations.
In Amravati, Congress has given ticket to Aniruddha Deshmukh while BJP`s nominee is Pravin Pote. The sitting BJP MLC Jagdish Gupta along with Ganesh Roy, Ajay Navander, Chandrakumar Jajodia, Adesh Bobade have filed papers as Independents.
The papers will be scrutinised later today and last day of withdrawal of nomination is May 10, official sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!