Nagpur civic polls: Sena-BJP-RPI announce tie-up
Nagpur: The ruling BJP-Shiv Sena combine has
forged a fresh alliance for the February 16 election of Nagpur
Municipal Corporation, with Republican Party of India
(Athawale faction) as a new partner.
BJP will contest 122 seats, Sena 18 and RPI five, BJP MLA
Davendra Phadanvis and city unit chief Anil Sole announced
here today alongith Shiv Sena district chief and Deputy
Mayor Shekhar Sawarbandhe.
Sena had demanded 51 seats during the talks, but finally
settled for only 18, against 12 seats that it had contested
last time. RPI had sought seven seats but got five, said its
state general secretary, Bhupesh Thulkar.
The lists of candidates would be out in a day or two, and
the alliance would also declare a joint manifesto.
The rival parties, Congress and NCP, have already
declared that they would form a pre-poll alliance to take on
the ruling combine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview