Nagpur floods: 15,191 persons displaced
Nagpur: About 472 families were affected and 15,191 persons were displaced in the district in Nagpur district due to the recent floods, district authorities said here on Saturday.
District Collector Saurabh Rao, who gave this information to Nagpur Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe during a review meeting, also said that a financial help of Rs 135.14 lakh was disbursed to the affected and displaced people.
34 persons died in rain-related incidents and Rs 31.50 lakh was provided as financial assistance to the next of kin, Rao told Moghe adding that 262 livestock were washed away in the floods and Rs 11.14 lakh was given to the owners.
About 341 houses were completely damaged and 3,403 houses were partially damaged, the Minister was informed.
Rs 132 lakh were given to the tahsildars in rains-flood affected areas to carry out repairs of dwellings, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’