Nagpur floods: 15,191 persons displaced
Nagpur: About 472 families were affected and 15,191 persons were displaced in the district in Nagpur district due to the recent floods, district authorities said here on Saturday.
District Collector Saurabh Rao, who gave this information to Nagpur Guardian Minister Shivajirao Moghe during a review meeting, also said that a financial help of Rs 135.14 lakh was disbursed to the affected and displaced people.
34 persons died in rain-related incidents and Rs 31.50 lakh was provided as financial assistance to the next of kin, Rao told Moghe adding that 262 livestock were washed away in the floods and Rs 11.14 lakh was given to the owners.
About 341 houses were completely damaged and 3,403 houses were partially damaged, the Minister was informed.
Rs 132 lakh were given to the tahsildars in rains-flood affected areas to carry out repairs of dwellings, Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter