Nagpur: MCOCA on chain snatching gang leader
Nagpur: After a series of chain snatching incidents, a five-member gang allegedly involved in it was nabbed and its leader was booked under the stringent MCOCA, police said today.
Gang leader Parag Gaikwad (22), Parag Dangi (19), Piyush Wandre (21), Sanjay Kharwade (33) and Suraj Kude, all from Hudekarshwar area, were arrested yesterday in connection with a number of chain snatching cases, police said.
They have committed about 21 chain snatching crimes so far.
Police has booked Gaikwad under the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) and Additional Commissioner of Police Anant Shinde signed the papers yesterday, they said.
A large number of people, including senior citizens and morning walkers, had been victims of chain-snatching incidents in the city in the past.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says