Nagpur: One dead, four injured in fire
Nagpur: A middle-aged man was charred to death while four other family members suffered burns when a fire broke out in their house in the wee hours here on Monday, police said.
The blaze erupted in the Pratap Nagar-based Adarsh Colony house of Annaji Johri (55), possibly due to a short circuit, when he and the others were fast asleep.
While Johri succumbed, his wife, two daughters and a son sustained serious burn injuries and were rushed to hospital.
Fire fighters were called who managed to control the blaze, police said, adding that investigation into the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday