Nagpur: One dead, four injured in fire
Nagpur: A middle-aged man was charred to death while four other family members suffered burns when a fire broke out in their house in the wee hours here on Monday, police said.
The blaze erupted in the Pratap Nagar-based Adarsh Colony house of Annaji Johri (55), possibly due to a short circuit, when he and the others were fast asleep.
While Johri succumbed, his wife, two daughters and a son sustained serious burn injuries and were rushed to hospital.
Fire fighters were called who managed to control the blaze, police said, adding that investigation into the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss