Nagpur: One dead, four injured in fire
Nagpur: A middle-aged man was charred to death while four other family members suffered burns when a fire broke out in their house in the wee hours here on Monday, police said.
The blaze erupted in the Pratap Nagar-based Adarsh Colony house of Annaji Johri (55), possibly due to a short circuit, when he and the others were fast asleep.
While Johri succumbed, his wife, two daughters and a son sustained serious burn injuries and were rushed to hospital.
Fire fighters were called who managed to control the blaze, police said, adding that investigation into the case was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why