Nagpur: Over 50 class XII students found cheating
Nagpur: Over 50 students appearing for the
ongoing class XII board examinations have been found to be
writing the exams after submitting forged documents by the
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary School Examination
The accused students, mostly comprising dropouts and
those who have failed repeatedly, were trying to appear from
centres in remote areas so that they could resort to unfair
means to clear the exam that began on February 21, officials
Such cases were detected from schools in Bhandara,
Gondia, Wardha and even Nagpur city, he added.
Board officials are still conducting investigations and
would soon lodge an FIR against the guilty students, Board
Board`s Nagpur division chairman Chandramani Borkar
confirmed the incident saying that they were shocked with the
perfection with which the confidential documents, including
letter heads of various schools were forged.
Borkar did not rule out the possibility of more students
being involved in the entire episode.
"The accused students had repeatedly failed in the exam
previously. They forged documents of schools in remote areas
and submitted them to the board directly. The possibility of
involvement of school officials too cannot be ruled out," he
Board`s divisional secretary Anil Pardhi said students
wanted centres in remote areas so they could indulge in
malpractices to clear the examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi