Nagpur: Over 50 class XII students found cheating
Nagpur: Over 50 students appearing for the
ongoing class XII board examinations have been found to be
writing the exams after submitting forged documents by the
Maharashtra State Board of Secondary School Examination
The accused students, mostly comprising dropouts and
those who have failed repeatedly, were trying to appear from
centres in remote areas so that they could resort to unfair
means to clear the exam that began on February 21, officials
Such cases were detected from schools in Bhandara,
Gondia, Wardha and even Nagpur city, he added.
Board officials are still conducting investigations and
would soon lodge an FIR against the guilty students, Board
Board`s Nagpur division chairman Chandramani Borkar
confirmed the incident saying that they were shocked with the
perfection with which the confidential documents, including
letter heads of various schools were forged.
Borkar did not rule out the possibility of more students
being involved in the entire episode.
"The accused students had repeatedly failed in the exam
previously. They forged documents of schools in remote areas
and submitted them to the board directly. The possibility of
involvement of school officials too cannot be ruled out," he
Board`s divisional secretary Anil Pardhi said students
wanted centres in remote areas so they could indulge in
malpractices to clear the examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees