Nagpur school girl`s rape case: One detained
Nagpur: One person was today detained in connection with the alleged rape of a 10-year-old school girl here, police said.
Though police confirmed that one person has been taken in custody, they did not reveal his identity and other details.
Deputy Commissioner of Police Sanjay Darade said that police had been interrogating some persons in connection with the case and the person detained was one of them.
"We will come back to you by evening," the DCP added.
A Class V student of a local school at Lakadganj in eastern part of city area was allegedly criminally assaulted on Tuesday by an unknown accused.
Police said when the girl was sitting in front of her school for classes, a young boy approached her and after asking her name he allegedly dragged the girl behind the school, gagged her and then raped her.
The profusely bleeding girl was rushed to state run Mayo General Hospital and has been admitted there since then.
Yesterday, the locals observed a bandh in Shanti Nagar area to protest the offence and demanded immediate arrest of the culprit.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe also met the Commissioner of Police yesterday and demanded strict action against the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing