Naidu asks Mumbai BJP to gear up for BMC polls
Mumbai: BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday asked
the party unit here to woo voters by launching a massive
`door-to-door` campaign for the civic elections which are due
"We have decided to launch a `jansampark abhiyan` from
March 1 to 14 as part of our preparations for the BMC
elections," BJP city unit president Raj Purohit told PTI after
Naidu addressed a meeting of party workers at Uttan in
neighbouring Thane district.
"Naidu has asked us to prepare from the grassroots and
highlight issues like water supply, sanitation, slums and
traffic congestion," Purohit said.
On March 14, a `mafia sarkar hatao` morcha would be taken
out by BJP to Vidhan Bhawan to demand dismissal of the
Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, Purohit said.
The two-day meeting at Uttan deliberated on the political
strategy for BMC Elections, organisational work as well as
issues concerning Mumbai, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report