Naidu asks Mumbai BJP to gear up for BMC polls
Mumbai: BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday asked
the party unit here to woo voters by launching a massive
`door-to-door` campaign for the civic elections which are due
"We have decided to launch a `jansampark abhiyan` from
March 1 to 14 as part of our preparations for the BMC
elections," BJP city unit president Raj Purohit told PTI after
Naidu addressed a meeting of party workers at Uttan in
neighbouring Thane district.
"Naidu has asked us to prepare from the grassroots and
highlight issues like water supply, sanitation, slums and
traffic congestion," Purohit said.
On March 14, a `mafia sarkar hatao` morcha would be taken
out by BJP to Vidhan Bhawan to demand dismissal of the
Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, Purohit said.
The two-day meeting at Uttan deliberated on the political
strategy for BMC Elections, organisational work as well as
issues concerning Mumbai, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clinton attacks Trump's outreach to black voters in new ad
- Colombia ceasefire will not stop government fighting crime: Official
- Amazon dabbling with 30-hour work weeks: Report
- Enrique's fan hid in dressing room for 12 hours
- Scorpene submarine data leak: 'Whistleblower' to hand over disk to 'government'