Naidu asks Mumbai BJP to gear up for BMC polls
Mumbai: BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday asked
the party unit here to woo voters by launching a massive
`door-to-door` campaign for the civic elections which are due
"We have decided to launch a `jansampark abhiyan` from
March 1 to 14 as part of our preparations for the BMC
elections," BJP city unit president Raj Purohit told PTI after
Naidu addressed a meeting of party workers at Uttan in
neighbouring Thane district.
"Naidu has asked us to prepare from the grassroots and
highlight issues like water supply, sanitation, slums and
traffic congestion," Purohit said.
On March 14, a `mafia sarkar hatao` morcha would be taken
out by BJP to Vidhan Bhawan to demand dismissal of the
Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, Purohit said.
The two-day meeting at Uttan deliberated on the political
strategy for BMC Elections, organisational work as well as
issues concerning Mumbai, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing