Naidu asks Mumbai BJP to gear up for BMC polls
Mumbai: BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu on Saturday asked
the party unit here to woo voters by launching a massive
`door-to-door` campaign for the civic elections which are due
"We have decided to launch a `jansampark abhiyan` from
March 1 to 14 as part of our preparations for the BMC
elections," BJP city unit president Raj Purohit told PTI after
Naidu addressed a meeting of party workers at Uttan in
neighbouring Thane district.
"Naidu has asked us to prepare from the grassroots and
highlight issues like water supply, sanitation, slums and
traffic congestion," Purohit said.
On March 14, a `mafia sarkar hatao` morcha would be taken
out by BJP to Vidhan Bhawan to demand dismissal of the
Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra, Purohit said.
The two-day meeting at Uttan deliberated on the political
strategy for BMC Elections, organisational work as well as
issues concerning Mumbai, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO