Naidu drama: ITI admission process affected
Aurangabad: The admission process in the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) was severely affected following the detention of TDP Chief Chandrababu Naidu in its campus.
Students in the institute said that the last day for the admission process was yesterday.
"We are concerned as no new notification regarding the extension of the admission date has been issued," they said.
The former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, arrested for violation of section 44 of IPC and defying the laws, was detained in the ITI building since Friday last.
The campus of the ITI building was given the status of temporary jail. None, including the students, were allowed to enter the 200 meter area of the building.
"The campus had turned into a military camp but students are not being informed regarding the postponement or extension of the admission process ans as such they are not sure whether they would get admissions or not," Rakesh Chauhan, students` leader told reporters.
"The Naidu politics has hindered the educational routine and we demand the administration to decide about the admission as soon as possible," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet
- Dope scandal: Narsingh Yadav's Rio Olympics fate hangs in balance as NADA set to pronounce verdict today
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today