Nana Patekar proposes, Raj Thackeray disposes
Mumbai: When a person of actor Nana Patekar`s
stature suggested a `reunion` of Raj and Uddhav Thackeray, all
were eager to hear what the estranged cousins themselves had
Speaking at a function in the suburbs last night, Patekar
suggested that the Thackeray cousins "come together again for
the sake of Marathi people".
But today, MNS chief Raj Thackeray dismissed the
suggestion, rebuking Patekar for `poking his nose` into
affairs which didn`t concern him.
"I respect Nana, both as an artiste and a person. But one
should not get into the things which one does not understand,"
Raj told reporters.
"One should not poke his nose into other things.
"Marathi people have been voting for me in such large
numbers. It is because they like something about us," he said.
Last year, in an initiative called `Mazi Chalval Mi
Maharashtracha` (My Movement, I Belong To Maharashtra), a
senior Shiv Sainik from Worli in central Mumbai had launched a
`Thackeray Jodo` campaign, to bring the cousins together, but
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena to form his own party in
2005, following power struggle between him and Uddhav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family