Nana Patekar proposes, Raj Thackeray disposes
Mumbai: When a person of actor Nana Patekar`s
stature suggested a `reunion` of Raj and Uddhav Thackeray, all
were eager to hear what the estranged cousins themselves had
Speaking at a function in the suburbs last night, Patekar
suggested that the Thackeray cousins "come together again for
the sake of Marathi people".
But today, MNS chief Raj Thackeray dismissed the
suggestion, rebuking Patekar for `poking his nose` into
affairs which didn`t concern him.
"I respect Nana, both as an artiste and a person. But one
should not get into the things which one does not understand,"
Raj told reporters.
"One should not poke his nose into other things.
"Marathi people have been voting for me in such large
numbers. It is because they like something about us," he said.
Last year, in an initiative called `Mazi Chalval Mi
Maharashtracha` (My Movement, I Belong To Maharashtra), a
senior Shiv Sainik from Worli in central Mumbai had launched a
`Thackeray Jodo` campaign, to bring the cousins together, but
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena to form his own party in
2005, following power struggle between him and Uddhav.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?