Nana Patekar proposes, Raj Thackeray disposes
Mumbai: When a person of actor Nana Patekar`s
stature suggested a `reunion` of Raj and Uddhav Thackeray, all
were eager to hear what the estranged cousins themselves had
Speaking at a function in the suburbs last night, Patekar
suggested that the Thackeray cousins "come together again for
the sake of Marathi people".
But today, MNS chief Raj Thackeray dismissed the
suggestion, rebuking Patekar for `poking his nose` into
affairs which didn`t concern him.
"I respect Nana, both as an artiste and a person. But one
should not get into the things which one does not understand,"
Raj told reporters.
"One should not poke his nose into other things.
"Marathi people have been voting for me in such large
numbers. It is because they like something about us," he said.
Last year, in an initiative called `Mazi Chalval Mi
Maharashtracha` (My Movement, I Belong To Maharashtra), a
senior Shiv Sainik from Worli in central Mumbai had launched a
`Thackeray Jodo` campaign, to bring the cousins together, but
Raj Thackeray quit Shiv Sena to form his own party in
2005, following power struggle between him and Uddhav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Subramanian Swamy's lecture on 'Emergency' cancelled
- Now, Lexit: London wants to stay with EU, says petition
- UP cops fight publicly over 'share of bribe', video goes viral - Watch
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship