Narayan Rane keen on becoming Maha CM again
Kudal: Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, who made an unsuccessful bid for the Chief Ministerial post last December, is looking forward to achieving his goal from this constituency in Sindhudurg district in the October 13 Assembly elections.
Rane, a former Chief Minister of the state during the sena-BJP rule, represented the Malwan Assembly constituency in the Legislative Assembly for four consecutive terms. He joined the Congress in 2005 after being expelled for the Shiv Sena.
In the November 2005 by-elections, soon after he joined the Congress, Rane had trounced Sena candidate Parshuram Uparkar where the latter had lost his deposit.
Rane says he would repeat the feat again.
With Mumbai (36), Thane(24) and Konkan (12) accounting for 72 Assembly constituencies out of the total 288, the coastal belt will play a decisive role in formation of the next government as well as the new Chief Minister.
Kudal taluka, which was earlier in the Vengurla Assembly constituency, has been attached with Malwan taluka from the previous Malwan-Kankavali constituency to create a new Kudal Assembly segment.
While the recarved Sawantwadi Assembly comprises talukas of Vengurla, Sawantwadi and Dodamarg, the new Kankavli constituency has been created out of Kankavli, Devgad and Vaibhavwadi, which was earlier part of the Panhala Assembly in neighbouring Kolhapur district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India