Narayan Rane keen on becoming Maha CM again
Kudal: Maharashtra Industries Minister Narayan Rane, who made an unsuccessful bid for the Chief Ministerial post last December, is looking forward to achieving his goal from this constituency in Sindhudurg district in the October 13 Assembly elections.
Rane, a former Chief Minister of the state during the sena-BJP rule, represented the Malwan Assembly constituency in the Legislative Assembly for four consecutive terms. He joined the Congress in 2005 after being expelled for the Shiv Sena.
In the November 2005 by-elections, soon after he joined the Congress, Rane had trounced Sena candidate Parshuram Uparkar where the latter had lost his deposit.
Rane says he would repeat the feat again.
With Mumbai (36), Thane(24) and Konkan (12) accounting for 72 Assembly constituencies out of the total 288, the coastal belt will play a decisive role in formation of the next government as well as the new Chief Minister.
Kudal taluka, which was earlier in the Vengurla Assembly constituency, has been attached with Malwan taluka from the previous Malwan-Kankavali constituency to create a new Kudal Assembly segment.
While the recarved Sawantwadi Assembly comprises talukas of Vengurla, Sawantwadi and Dodamarg, the new Kankavli constituency has been created out of Kankavli, Devgad and Vaibhavwadi, which was earlier part of the Panhala Assembly in neighbouring Kolhapur district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened