Narayan Rane needs consolation: Uddhav reacts to diatribe
Mumbai: Rubbishing allegations made against him by Narayan Rane, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the sulking Congress minister needs "consolation".
"He (Rane) needs consolation. I pray to God that he gets mental peace in a political party, whichever it may be," Uddhav told reporters at his residence Matoshree in suburban Bandra here.
He was speaking after Rane aide Ravindra Phatak, a Congress corporator from adjoining Thane, joined Shiv Sena along with six other Thane Congress corporators.
Yesterday, Rane had hit back at Uddhav for his "not welcome in saffron camp" remark and asserted a "real" politician has vacancy everywhere.
Rane had said Uddhav had no moral right to comment on his future political plans.
"Shiv Sena is a leaderless party. A person like Uddhav who can`t handle his own outfit should not comment on others. Those who fear my shadow should not criticise me," he had said.
Asked to comment on Rane`s virulent attack against him, the Shiv Sena chief said, "I think he needs consolation."
To a query on whether the entry of Phatak into Sena was an attempt to weaken Rane, Uddhav said, "Phatak and others were marginalised in Congress and so they decided to join Sena."
Phatak, considered a trusted lieutenant of Rane, said he felt "marginalised" in Congress. "I joined Congress along with Rane but the party did not do justice to me and others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown