Narayan Rane needs consolation: Uddhav reacts to diatribe
Mumbai: Rubbishing allegations made against him by Narayan Rane, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Saturday said the sulking Congress minister needs "consolation".
"He (Rane) needs consolation. I pray to God that he gets mental peace in a political party, whichever it may be," Uddhav told reporters at his residence Matoshree in suburban Bandra here.
He was speaking after Rane aide Ravindra Phatak, a Congress corporator from adjoining Thane, joined Shiv Sena along with six other Thane Congress corporators.
Yesterday, Rane had hit back at Uddhav for his "not welcome in saffron camp" remark and asserted a "real" politician has vacancy everywhere.
Rane had said Uddhav had no moral right to comment on his future political plans.
"Shiv Sena is a leaderless party. A person like Uddhav who can`t handle his own outfit should not comment on others. Those who fear my shadow should not criticise me," he had said.
Asked to comment on Rane`s virulent attack against him, the Shiv Sena chief said, "I think he needs consolation."
To a query on whether the entry of Phatak into Sena was an attempt to weaken Rane, Uddhav said, "Phatak and others were marginalised in Congress and so they decided to join Sena."
Phatak, considered a trusted lieutenant of Rane, said he felt "marginalised" in Congress. "I joined Congress along with Rane but the party did not do justice to me and others," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family