Narayan Rane`s breakfast meeting with Gadkari rais
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Maharashtra Minister Narayan Rane had a breakfast meeting with Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday at the residence of the BJP national president here raising eyebrows in political circles.
Rane, who arrived here for inauguration of a housing project initiated and encouraged by Gadkari at an industrial unit at MIDC area in the Butibori near here, went to Gadkari`s residence and spent more than 20 minutes there.
Later, both of them reached Butiboti for the function.
What transpired is unknown, but Rane`s move evoked surprise, since the Congress has been targeting Gadkari on several issues. Besides, Rane is number three in Maharashtra cabinet and also a chief minister aspirant.
Later, inaugurating the co-operative housing project for mill workers in Butibori sharing dais with Gadkari and nine BJP legislators including Davendra Phadanvis and others, Rane said 20 per cent of the 60 acres of land in Butibori MIDC will be reserved for workers` dwellings as per the new industrial policy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube