Narayan Rane`s breakfast meeting with Gadkari rais
Nagpur: Senior Congress leader and Maharashtra Minister Narayan Rane had a breakfast meeting with Nitin Gadkari on Tuesday at the residence of the BJP national president here raising eyebrows in political circles.
Rane, who arrived here for inauguration of a housing project initiated and encouraged by Gadkari at an industrial unit at MIDC area in the Butibori near here, went to Gadkari`s residence and spent more than 20 minutes there.
Later, both of them reached Butiboti for the function.
What transpired is unknown, but Rane`s move evoked surprise, since the Congress has been targeting Gadkari on several issues. Besides, Rane is number three in Maharashtra cabinet and also a chief minister aspirant.
Later, inaugurating the co-operative housing project for mill workers in Butibori sharing dais with Gadkari and nine BJP legislators including Davendra Phadanvis and others, Rane said 20 per cent of the 60 acres of land in Butibori MIDC will be reserved for workers` dwellings as per the new industrial policy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler