Narco-analysis test on gangster Palande
Mumbai: A narco-analysis test was on Thursday conducted on gangster Vijay Palande and his accomplice, facing twin murder charges, to find out the details of another person`s killing in which they are suspected to be involved.
Palande and his associate Dhananjay Shinde have been charged with the murder of a small-time actor`s father Arun Tikku and aspiring film producer Karan Kakkad.
They are suspected to be involved in the killing of a third person whose skull was recovered during the probe of the twin murders.
The test lasted for a few hours during which at least 70 questions related to the murder of the unidentified person were asked, a Crime Branch official said.
In the narco analysis test, it becomes difficult for a person to lie and his answers would be restricted to facts he is already aware of. Recently, brain mapping and polygraph tests were also conducted on the duo, but nothing substantial came out of them as the two were not forthcoming about certain questions pertaining to the third murder, he said.
Crime Branch officials had on April 16 recovered a skull at Kumbhari Ghat near Chiplun in adjoining Ratnagiri district where Palande had allegedly dumped Kakkad`s remains.
While DNA tests confirmed that the torso found at the site was Kakkad`s, the skull did not match his DNA.
Subsequently, police sought permission from the court to conduct a narco test on Palande and Shinde to help establish identity of the person whose skull was recovered. The permission was granted recently.
From bloodstains found in Kakkad`s residence in suburban Andheri, police suspect the duo is involved in the third murder.
Experts had retrieved DNA of two persons from bloodstains in Kakkad`s bathroom. One was Kakkad`s and the other matched the skull. This raised suspicion that the accused had killed another person in Kakkad`s house and dumped his body in the ghat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark