Narco-analysis test on gangster Palande
Mumbai: A narco-analysis test was on Thursday conducted on gangster Vijay Palande and his accomplice, facing twin murder charges, to find out the details of another person`s killing in which they are suspected to be involved.
Palande and his associate Dhananjay Shinde have been charged with the murder of a small-time actor`s father Arun Tikku and aspiring film producer Karan Kakkad.
They are suspected to be involved in the killing of a third person whose skull was recovered during the probe of the twin murders.
The test lasted for a few hours during which at least 70 questions related to the murder of the unidentified person were asked, a Crime Branch official said.
In the narco analysis test, it becomes difficult for a person to lie and his answers would be restricted to facts he is already aware of. Recently, brain mapping and polygraph tests were also conducted on the duo, but nothing substantial came out of them as the two were not forthcoming about certain questions pertaining to the third murder, he said.
Crime Branch officials had on April 16 recovered a skull at Kumbhari Ghat near Chiplun in adjoining Ratnagiri district where Palande had allegedly dumped Kakkad`s remains.
While DNA tests confirmed that the torso found at the site was Kakkad`s, the skull did not match his DNA.
Subsequently, police sought permission from the court to conduct a narco test on Palande and Shinde to help establish identity of the person whose skull was recovered. The permission was granted recently.
From bloodstains found in Kakkad`s residence in suburban Andheri, police suspect the duo is involved in the third murder.
Experts had retrieved DNA of two persons from bloodstains in Kakkad`s bathroom. One was Kakkad`s and the other matched the skull. This raised suspicion that the accused had killed another person in Kakkad`s house and dumped his body in the ghat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly