Narco-analysis test on gangster Palande
Mumbai: A narco-analysis test was on Thursday conducted on gangster Vijay Palande and his accomplice, facing twin murder charges, to find out the details of another person`s killing in which they are suspected to be involved.
Palande and his associate Dhananjay Shinde have been charged with the murder of a small-time actor`s father Arun Tikku and aspiring film producer Karan Kakkad.
They are suspected to be involved in the killing of a third person whose skull was recovered during the probe of the twin murders.
The test lasted for a few hours during which at least 70 questions related to the murder of the unidentified person were asked, a Crime Branch official said.
In the narco analysis test, it becomes difficult for a person to lie and his answers would be restricted to facts he is already aware of. Recently, brain mapping and polygraph tests were also conducted on the duo, but nothing substantial came out of them as the two were not forthcoming about certain questions pertaining to the third murder, he said.
Crime Branch officials had on April 16 recovered a skull at Kumbhari Ghat near Chiplun in adjoining Ratnagiri district where Palande had allegedly dumped Kakkad`s remains.
While DNA tests confirmed that the torso found at the site was Kakkad`s, the skull did not match his DNA.
Subsequently, police sought permission from the court to conduct a narco test on Palande and Shinde to help establish identity of the person whose skull was recovered. The permission was granted recently.
From bloodstains found in Kakkad`s residence in suburban Andheri, police suspect the duo is involved in the third murder.
Experts had retrieved DNA of two persons from bloodstains in Kakkad`s bathroom. One was Kakkad`s and the other matched the skull. This raised suspicion that the accused had killed another person in Kakkad`s house and dumped his body in the ghat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister
- Suicide bombing kills 11 at Yemen Army camp: Security official
- China's Xi Jinping reshuffles key party posts ahead of congress
- FIR filed against Vishal Dadlani, Tehseen Poonawalla over 'monkery' tweet on Jain religious leader
- Breast cancer breakthrough? 16-year-old Indian-origin boy claims cure for disease