Narendra Modi condoles Vilasrao Deshmukh`s death
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday condoled the demise of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who died at a hospital in Chennai this afternoon.
"Sad to know about the demise of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh. May his soul rest in peace. My condolences to his family," Modi wrote on twitter.
Earlier, the Gujarat Chief Minister had offered medical help to the senior Congress leader, who was undergoing treatment for liver ailment. Modi had even instructed the state officials to find a cadaver liver for transplant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH