Narendra Modi condoles Vilasrao Deshmukh`s death
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday condoled the demise of Union Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, who died at a hospital in Chennai this afternoon.
"Sad to know about the demise of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh. May his soul rest in peace. My condolences to his family," Modi wrote on twitter.
Earlier, the Gujarat Chief Minister had offered medical help to the senior Congress leader, who was undergoing treatment for liver ailment. Modi had even instructed the state officials to find a cadaver liver for transplant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing