Nashik Corporation to need over Rs 900cr for Kumbh
Nashik: Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has come out with a draft budget of Rs 945.88 crore for the Sinhastha Kumbh Mela of 2015-16.
The draft was submitted at a planning meeting here yesterday, which was attended by Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is also the district guardian minister.
Rs 666 crore have been earmarked for constructions, Rs 156 crore for water-supply, Rs 90.23 crore for under-ground drainage system, Rs 12.95 crore for electricity and Rs 20.70 crore for health infrastructure.
Municipal Commissioner Bhaskar Sanap said, that total of 325 acres of land was needed for `Sadhu-Gram`, for housing the devotees and the monks. NMC had 56 acres of available land, the remaining was to be acquired, he said.
The `royal procession` route would require some widening, considering that overcrowding had caused stampede during the 2003-04 Kumbh Mela that claimed many lives.
NMC had proposed another route, but Sadhus were opposed to it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers