Nashik Corporation to need over Rs 900cr for Kumbh
Nashik: Nashik Municipal Corporation (NMC) has come out with a draft budget of Rs 945.88 crore for the Sinhastha Kumbh Mela of 2015-16.
The draft was submitted at a planning meeting here yesterday, which was attended by Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal, who is also the district guardian minister.
Rs 666 crore have been earmarked for constructions, Rs 156 crore for water-supply, Rs 90.23 crore for under-ground drainage system, Rs 12.95 crore for electricity and Rs 20.70 crore for health infrastructure.
Municipal Commissioner Bhaskar Sanap said, that total of 325 acres of land was needed for `Sadhu-Gram`, for housing the devotees and the monks. NMC had 56 acres of available land, the remaining was to be acquired, he said.
The `royal procession` route would require some widening, considering that overcrowding had caused stampede during the 2003-04 Kumbh Mela that claimed many lives.
NMC had proposed another route, but Sadhus were opposed to it, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred