Nashik girl commits suicide; 10 arrested for ragging
Zee Media Bureau
Nashik: A 19-year-old trainee at a multi-national company in Maharashtra died on Monday morning, hours after she allegedly attempted suicide, police said.
Police on Tuesday arrested 10 of her classmates, who were also working as trainees at technology major Bosch Limited, as the suicide note left by the girl accused them of ragging her.
On Sunday evening, Pranali Rahane slit her wrist and tried to hang herself in her bedroom. She was later rescued by her parents and was rushed to hospital. She, however, died of her injuries on Monday.
A newspaper has quoted Pranali`s father Pradeep as saying: "Pranali was recently selected to study at Bosch`s headquarters in Germany. A few of her classmates who failed to clear the test would occasionally rag her."
Those arrested have been have been booked under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC and Section 4 of the Maharashtra Ragging Act and remanded in police custody till September 07.
Pranali had been doing her apprenticeship in Bosch Ltd in the Satpur industrial area since February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says