Nashik girl commits suicide; 10 arrested for ragging
Zee Media Bureau
Nashik: A 19-year-old trainee at a multi-national company in Maharashtra died on Monday morning, hours after she allegedly attempted suicide, police said.
Police on Tuesday arrested 10 of her classmates, who were also working as trainees at technology major Bosch Limited, as the suicide note left by the girl accused them of ragging her.
On Sunday evening, Pranali Rahane slit her wrist and tried to hang herself in her bedroom. She was later rescued by her parents and was rushed to hospital. She, however, died of her injuries on Monday.
A newspaper has quoted Pranali`s father Pradeep as saying: "Pranali was recently selected to study at Bosch`s headquarters in Germany. A few of her classmates who failed to clear the test would occasionally rag her."
Those arrested have been have been booked under Section 306 (abetment of suicide) of the IPC and Section 4 of the Maharashtra Ragging Act and remanded in police custody till September 07.
Pranali had been doing her apprenticeship in Bosch Ltd in the Satpur industrial area since February 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!