Nashik gold heist: Five accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Five of the six accused in a jewellery shop heist case here have been remanded to police custody till January 20 by a local court.
The accused, Chandrashekar Rane (29), Rajdutt Rane (33) both from Nashik, Kartik Devendra (22), Rupesh Ranpise (31) and Jeevan Singh (28), all residents of Dombivili, were produced before the court yesterday which sent them in police remand.
Another arrested accused Deepak Dalvi (33) was not produced in the court here as some of his formalities were pending with the Thane police. He will be produced later, police said.
Thane Police had on January 5 achieved a major breakthrough in the jewellery shop heist case of October 1, 2013, in Nashik with the arrest of the six persons.
Gold jewellery worth Rs 3.80 crore had been recovered from the accused along with Rs 26.40 lakh in cash.
The gang members, inspired by the Hindi film `Special 26`, had "raided" Manappuram Jewellers in Nashik after posing as CBI and law enforcement officials and decamped with the jewellery weighing around 14 kg along with the cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore