Nashik gold heist: Five accused remanded in police custody
Nashik: Five of the six accused in a jewellery shop heist case here have been remanded to police custody till January 20 by a local court.
The accused, Chandrashekar Rane (29), Rajdutt Rane (33) both from Nashik, Kartik Devendra (22), Rupesh Ranpise (31) and Jeevan Singh (28), all residents of Dombivili, were produced before the court yesterday which sent them in police remand.
Another arrested accused Deepak Dalvi (33) was not produced in the court here as some of his formalities were pending with the Thane police. He will be produced later, police said.
Thane Police had on January 5 achieved a major breakthrough in the jewellery shop heist case of October 1, 2013, in Nashik with the arrest of the six persons.
Gold jewellery worth Rs 3.80 crore had been recovered from the accused along with Rs 26.40 lakh in cash.
The gang members, inspired by the Hindi film `Special 26`, had "raided" Manappuram Jewellers in Nashik after posing as CBI and law enforcement officials and decamped with the jewellery weighing around 14 kg along with the cash.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you