Nashik gynaecologists anti-female foeticide resolution
Nashik: Nashik Gynaecologists` Association (NGA) has passed a resolution to prevent female foeticide at a meeting held here yesterday, its president Dr Vasant Kawade told reporters.
The meeting was held at the Indian Medical Association`s (IMA) hall in which IMA`s vice-president Dr Nivedita Pawar, Dr Rumi Patel, Dr Archana Khairnar and Dr Ravindra Shivade were present.
Dr Nivedita Pawar said that only those with Diplomas in Gynaecology and MDs are entitled to perform abortions, caeserian operations and other surgeries.
She asked the people to confirm if those who are consulted hold such such degrees before they take any treatment and avoid going to those displaying boards as "gynaecologists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda