Nashik gynaecologists anti-female foeticide resolution
Nashik: Nashik Gynaecologists` Association (NGA) has passed a resolution to prevent female foeticide at a meeting held here yesterday, its president Dr Vasant Kawade told reporters.
The meeting was held at the Indian Medical Association`s (IMA) hall in which IMA`s vice-president Dr Nivedita Pawar, Dr Rumi Patel, Dr Archana Khairnar and Dr Ravindra Shivade were present.
Dr Nivedita Pawar said that only those with Diplomas in Gynaecology and MDs are entitled to perform abortions, caeserian operations and other surgeries.
She asked the people to confirm if those who are consulted hold such such degrees before they take any treatment and avoid going to those displaying boards as "gynaecologists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre