Nashik gynaecologists anti-female foeticide resolution
Nashik: Nashik Gynaecologists` Association (NGA) has passed a resolution to prevent female foeticide at a meeting held here yesterday, its president Dr Vasant Kawade told reporters.
The meeting was held at the Indian Medical Association`s (IMA) hall in which IMA`s vice-president Dr Nivedita Pawar, Dr Rumi Patel, Dr Archana Khairnar and Dr Ravindra Shivade were present.
Dr Nivedita Pawar said that only those with Diplomas in Gynaecology and MDs are entitled to perform abortions, caeserian operations and other surgeries.
She asked the people to confirm if those who are consulted hold such such degrees before they take any treatment and avoid going to those displaying boards as "gynaecologists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy