Nashik gynaecologists anti-female foeticide resolution
Nashik: Nashik Gynaecologists` Association (NGA) has passed a resolution to prevent female foeticide at a meeting held here yesterday, its president Dr Vasant Kawade told reporters.
The meeting was held at the Indian Medical Association`s (IMA) hall in which IMA`s vice-president Dr Nivedita Pawar, Dr Rumi Patel, Dr Archana Khairnar and Dr Ravindra Shivade were present.
Dr Nivedita Pawar said that only those with Diplomas in Gynaecology and MDs are entitled to perform abortions, caeserian operations and other surgeries.
She asked the people to confirm if those who are consulted hold such such degrees before they take any treatment and avoid going to those displaying boards as "gynaecologists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'