Nashik gynaecologists anti-female foeticide resolution
Nashik: Nashik Gynaecologists` Association (NGA) has passed a resolution to prevent female foeticide at a meeting held here yesterday, its president Dr Vasant Kawade told reporters.
The meeting was held at the Indian Medical Association`s (IMA) hall in which IMA`s vice-president Dr Nivedita Pawar, Dr Rumi Patel, Dr Archana Khairnar and Dr Ravindra Shivade were present.
Dr Nivedita Pawar said that only those with Diplomas in Gynaecology and MDs are entitled to perform abortions, caeserian operations and other surgeries.
She asked the people to confirm if those who are consulted hold such such degrees before they take any treatment and avoid going to those displaying boards as "gynaecologists".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi