Nashik LS polls: Chhagan Bhujbal in multi-sided contest
Nashik: The Nashik Lok Sabha constituency will witness a multi-cornered contest in the upcoming polls where NCP stalwart and Maharashtra PWD minister Chhagan Bhujbal is pitted against AAP`s Vijay Pandhare and Shiv Sena, BSP, MNS and CPM nominees.
Aam Aadmi party nominee Pandhare, a retired chief engineer of Nashik`s Maharashtra Engineering training Academy (META), was the whistleblower of alleged irregularities in various irrigation projects.
Pandhare, who is contesting Lok Sabha elections from Nashik for the first time, is hopeful of a win on the back of issues like corruption, development, his party`s impact in Delhi elections and several corruption charges levelled against Chhagan Bhujbal by BJP leader Kirit Somaiya and others.
Shiv Sena`s candidate Hemant Godse had contested the last Lok Sabha elections on MNS ticket against NCP`s sitting MP Sameer Bhujbal, the nephew of Chhagan Bhujbal.
Godse is the son of Sena`s former MP Rajabhau Godse and a sitting municipal corporator and zilla parishad member too.
Also in the fray is sitting CPM corporator Tanaji Jaibhave.
Congress party`s rebel corporator from Nashik Dinkar Patil recently announced his candidature on Bahujan Samaj Party`s ticket.
Congress had on Friday issued a show cause notice to him for anti-party activities. As per the notice issued by Nashik city Congress observer Bhai Jagtap, Patil is supposed to explain why he held a press conference and declared that he would be contesting the Lok Sabha election on the BSP ticket.
Meanwhile, MNS today declared Pradeep Pawar as its nominee from the Nashik seat.
The Nashik parliamentary constituency has a total electorate of 15,45,564, including 07,20,601 women voters, spread in six Assembly segments of Sinnar, Nashik-east, Nashik-central, Nashik-west, Devlali and Igatpuri.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city