Nashik man forms political party named after Anna
Nashik: A local resident on Monday formed a
political party named after Anna Hazare.
Dattaji Trimbak Wagh, a businessman who formed the
`Rashtriya Hazaro Anna Party` (RHAP), in an advertisement
published in a local newspaper has urged those over 18 to join
his outfit and claimed that it will contest the upcoming local
bodies elections in Maharashtra.
Work to form national level executive committee, regional
level committee, and to appoint district, city, village-level
office bearers was in progress, Wagh said in the
The party will work towards social cooperation, as well
as in the cultural, arts, sports and the education fields,
while following the philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi, Hazare and
other historical figures.
In his advertisement, Wagh said if Hazare decides to
float a political party, he will merge his outfit in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression