Nashik man forms political party named after Anna
Nashik: A local resident on Monday formed a
political party named after Anna Hazare.
Dattaji Trimbak Wagh, a businessman who formed the
`Rashtriya Hazaro Anna Party` (RHAP), in an advertisement
published in a local newspaper has urged those over 18 to join
his outfit and claimed that it will contest the upcoming local
bodies elections in Maharashtra.
Work to form national level executive committee, regional
level committee, and to appoint district, city, village-level
office bearers was in progress, Wagh said in the
The party will work towards social cooperation, as well
as in the cultural, arts, sports and the education fields,
while following the philosophy of Mahatma Gandhi, Hazare and
other historical figures.
In his advertisement, Wagh said if Hazare decides to
float a political party, he will merge his outfit in it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Weeds, less water could spell death for Chandigarh's Sukhna Lake
- F&B giant Pepsico end decade-long association with India's ODI captain MS Dhoni
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts