Nashik Mayor`s brother arrested in double murder case
Nashik: City police on Saturday arrested the elder brother of Nashik mayor in the May 7 double murder case.
Advocate Rajendra Wagh, who was arrested this afternoon, is the elder brother of Mayor Yatin Wagh.
Before that, another accused, Vyankatesh More, was arrested last night. Police are still looking for the absconding accused Girish Shetty, Arjun Pagare and Rakesh Koshti.
Mohan Changle and Deepak Sonawane were attacked at hotel Visava in the busy Gangapur Road area on the night of May 7. Both died in the hospital.
Police had questioned Rajendra Wagh in the past three days.
Police believe that disputes over some land deals and municipal contracts led to the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post