Nashik mayor`s brother arrested in double murder case
Nashik: City police on Saturday arrested the elder brother of Nashik mayor in the May 7 double murder case.
Advocate Rajendra Wagh, who was arrested this afternoon, is the elder brother of mayor Yatin Wagh.
Before that, another accused, Vyankatesh More, was arrested last night. Police are still looking for the absconding accused Girish Shetty, Arjun Pagare and Rakesh Koshti.
Mohan Changle and Deepak Sonawane were attacked at hotel Visava in the busy Gangapur Road area on the night of May 7. Both died in the hospital.
Police had questioned Rajendra Wagh in the past three days.
Police believe that disputes over some land deals and municipal contracts led to the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official