Nashik mayor`s brother arrested in double murder case
Nashik: City police on Saturday arrested the elder brother of Nashik mayor in the May 7 double murder case.
Advocate Rajendra Wagh, who was arrested this afternoon, is the elder brother of mayor Yatin Wagh.
Before that, another accused, Vyankatesh More, was arrested last night. Police are still looking for the absconding accused Girish Shetty, Arjun Pagare and Rakesh Koshti.
Mohan Changle and Deepak Sonawane were attacked at hotel Visava in the busy Gangapur Road area on the night of May 7. Both died in the hospital.
Police had questioned Rajendra Wagh in the past three days.
Police believe that disputes over some land deals and municipal contracts led to the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP