Nashik MPA attack conspiracy: Trial to resume on November 1
Nashik: The trial in 2010 conspiracy case to attack city-based Maharashtra Police Academy (MPA) will now come up for hearing on November 1, special public prosecutor Ajay Misar said.
Suspected LeT operative Bilal Shaikh alias Lalbaba is facing trial in the case for hatching the conspiracy.
Bilal and Himayat Baig, who is an accused in Pune`s German Bakery bomb blast case of 2010, were chargesheeted by ATS for planning to attack MPA, located on Nashik-Trimbakeshwar Road, in 2010.
Pune ATS police inspector Sukhlal Varpe told the court yesterday that after Bilal`s arrest in 2010, the anti-terrorism squad searched his room in Nashik`s Satpur locality, Misar told reporters.
During the search, the ATS found 700 gm RDX, detonators, marksheets and some certificates, the cell number of some LeT members including its chief Abu Khalil written in code language, a map of Nashik, 13 US dollars and a letter from a corporator identifying a resident on whose name Bilal had purchased SIM card, Varpe told the additional sessions court judge K K Tantrapale.
Varpe presented 50 gm RDX in the court from the 700 gm seized from Bilal`s room in September 2010, Misar said.
The ATS official told the court that the remaining 650 gm explosive was destroyed in October 2011 with court`s permission.
A panchnama of total 51 things seized from Bilal`s room was made after his arrest.
Bilal Shaikh and Himayat Baig had undertaken a recce of the Maharashtra Police Academy and Devlali Cantonment area in 2010, the ATS said in its charge sheet.
Bilal was arrested by the ATS in 2010 from Nashik`s Satpur locality and 700 gms RDX, four detonators, a pen drive and a memory card were recovered from him.
Baig was also arrested in 2010 for his alleged involvement in Pune`s German Bakery blast.
Bilal and Baig were present in the court during the hearing yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok