National award for Malayalam poet K Sachhitanandan
Nashik: Noted Malayalam poet Dr K Sachhitanandan was on Tuesday honoured with a national award named after Gyanpeeth-laureate Marathi litterateur late V V
Shirwadkar at a function held here.
The 66-year-old who has 23 collections of poetry to his credit besides many collections was bestowed with the "Kusumagraj Rashtriya Sahitya Puraskar" instituted by the city-based Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University at
the hands of the Vice-Chancellor R Krishna Kumar and noted Marathi poet N D Mahanor.
The award carries Rs one lakh in cash and a citation which was presented to Sachhitanandan at a function held in YCMOU campus.
Born on May 28, 1946 at Pullat in Kerla, Sachhitanandan served as a professor in Christ College for 25 years and also worked as editor of the world class periodical
titled "Indian Literature".
He retired from Indira Gandhi National Open University`s school of translation studies in 2011.
"I am happy as I am being honoured with the national level award by YCMOU in the name of noted poet and playwright late V V Shirwadkar, popularly known as Kusumagraja," Sachhitanandan said. The award was given coinciding with the 100th birth anniversary of Kusumagraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi