National award for Malayalam poet K Sachhitanandan
Nashik: Noted Malayalam poet Dr K Sachhitanandan was on Tuesday honoured with a national award named after Gyanpeeth-laureate Marathi litterateur late V V
Shirwadkar at a function held here.
The 66-year-old who has 23 collections of poetry to his credit besides many collections was bestowed with the "Kusumagraj Rashtriya Sahitya Puraskar" instituted by the city-based Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University at
the hands of the Vice-Chancellor R Krishna Kumar and noted Marathi poet N D Mahanor.
The award carries Rs one lakh in cash and a citation which was presented to Sachhitanandan at a function held in YCMOU campus.
Born on May 28, 1946 at Pullat in Kerla, Sachhitanandan served as a professor in Christ College for 25 years and also worked as editor of the world class periodical
titled "Indian Literature".
He retired from Indira Gandhi National Open University`s school of translation studies in 2011.
"I am happy as I am being honoured with the national level award by YCMOU in the name of noted poet and playwright late V V Shirwadkar, popularly known as Kusumagraja," Sachhitanandan said. The award was given coinciding with the 100th birth anniversary of Kusumagraj.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal